A must-have item for any wardrobe, any time of year, is a pencil skirt. Like most separates, it’s one of those pieces you can mix and match with a number of different things to completely change up your look. And while a basic black pencil skirt is an obvious choice, think about other looks, as well:
- Pair with a simple sweater and pumps. Tucking in the sweater elongates the waist, and hey, who couldn’t use that?! This is a classic, business perfect look from head to toe.
- Go for a tonal look with a skirt and sweater in the same color. I’m known to be a huge fan of tonal looks, as they’re easy to pull together in a pinch, but they look sophisticated and chic.
- Get casual with a denim blouse and flats. It’s current and fun, and the best way to get around town on foot.
- The traditional blouse and pencil skirt will always be a favorite, and keeping the colors balanced creates a simple, polished look.
- Go glam with sequins – which aren’t just for evening anymore. It’s a bold look to pull off, but a skirt like this from Burberry keeps the look smart and modern.