The cold, dry winter air can wreck havoc on your skin. The wind is irritating, and even the dryer airs inside your home can be damaging. I’ve been iced in for a couple of days now, thanks to the latest round of winter weather we’re seeing, so I took the time last night to create an in-home spa facial.
As you can see, I’m not hugely loyal to any particular brand, though I do use a lot of Bobbi Brown products. I simply like to use what work best for my skin for whatever it is I’m trying to accomplish. Today I’m focused on brightening and hydrating my skin.
- I start with a hydrating cleanser, like this one from Indie Lee, to wash away any impurities, then mix in the Bobbi Brown buffing grains to gently exfoliate my skin. What makes this product so fantastic is you mix more or less grains to customize to your specific skin care needs.
- Follow this up with a 10-minute hydrating mask to deep moisturize and detoxify.
- Before you start adding your treatment products, take a few minutes to hold a very warm and moist towel over your skin to fully open up your pores. Pat dry.
- Add a serum to restore radiance to your skin. I like the Advanced Serum from Jurlique because it also combats fine lines and helps to restore elasticity.
- Finish off with a hydrating moisturizer for the face, as well as a rich and emollient eye cream.
I like to light a couple of candles and dim the lights a bit to create a relaxing, spa-like environment. My skin feels amazingly soft this morning!