Wow… Camilia over at The Geek Chick, thank you so much! What an honor to be recognized by another blogger for the Sisterhood of the World award. I love her blog and her in-depth look at the world of fashion. Now she’s challenged me to answer some really interesting questions, that quite honestly got me doing some deep thinking over the weekend. 🙂
1. What’s your favorite piece of clothing in your closet?
A few months ago I purchased a basic 3/4 sleeve v-neck white tee. Though not so basic, since I really invested in this incredibly soft cotton that clings where it should and drapes everywhere else. I’m loving it with pants, skinny jeans, and your basic yoga pant. It’s my go-to for pretty much every outfit right now.
2. What’s your biggest style regret?
Getting a perm. Ever. Then actually doing it again.
3. Favorite current trend?
For this time of year, it’s booties. I live in Texas, so an open-toed, 4″ bootie is the perfect shoe for just about any outfit.
4. Favorite style decade?
The 70’s. I crave luxe designs with a bit of a bohemian flair. Think Halston or anything I’ve snagged from my mother’s closet. She was and still is incredibly fashionable, and since she only invested in high quality designs from Neiman Marcus, etc., I’m reaping the benefit of true vintage.
5. Why did you start blogging?
My friends have always complimented by saying I should share some of my fashion wisdom, so here I am. I like to think of this as a cross between a diary of my fashion evolution and my guide to the world. 🙂
6. How would you describe your style?
Classic, bohemian, luxe.
7. What’s the meaning behind your blog name?
Poppies & Peridot is a blend of one of my favorite flowers and my birthstone.
8. What’s your favorite thing about fashion?
I love fashion for how it’s always evolving but staying somewhat the same at the same time. Invest in high quality pieces that will carry you through many seasons. Last week I wore a silk-blend sweater I purchased over 20 years ago. It’s as timeless today as it was in 1992.
9. Any trends you wish you’d never tried?
Actually, no. There are a number of trends that just didn’t work out for me, but trying them is half the fun.
10. What’s your dream article of clothing? (like a Chanel bag)
The Louis Vuitton Neverfull. I’ve spent quite a bit of time in the LV store in Dallas trying to decide between the MM and the GM. Maybe it is just a dream. 🙂
So the rules of the Award are:
* Thank the Blogger who nominated you & link back to their site
* Put the Logo on your Blog
* Answer the 10 questions put to you by the Blogger
* Nominate 7 Bloggers
* Give the 7 Bloggers 10 new questions
So my nominations are:
- Star in Moi
- A Vibrant Day
- Laur Loves Pink
- Posh Little Designs
- Navy Striped Peonies
- The Luxe Lookbook
- Glossy Morning
- The Girl in the Little Black Dress
- What do you like most about blogging?
- Who is your fashion muse?
- Do you do any subscription boxes, and which one is your favorite?
- What is the one makeup item you can’t live without?
- What’s your one must-have piece for Spring?
- Shoes or purses?
- What is your go-to piece of jewelry?
- What’s your one fashion rule you never break?
- Paris or New York?
- Define your style in 1 word.